First off, let me start by saying that I am currently putting off packing my bag for the twins arrival because I am a creature of habit and I usually wear the same hand full of clothes over and over and I really, really don’t want to be living out of a bag for the next couple of weeks. But when I do finally bite the bullet and pack, here are five things that I will not be forgetting and if you are soon to be packing your hospital bag, please don’t forget these crucial items! They will make what is sure to be an uncomfortable stay, a little more bearable. Also this post contains affiliate links so make sure you check them out!
1. Your Pillow! Have you ever seen a hospital pillow? It’s sad really, it’s so thin and puny. Just trust me, PACK YOUR OWN. Here is my all time favorite pillow and yes it’s a cooling pillow😍
Reversible Memory Foam Cooling Pillow
2. A Gown. I’m not really a gown person, I prefer shorts and a t shirt but there is a pretty good chance you aren’t going to want anything with a fitted waist band anywhere near your body for a while, especially the day after giving birth. And if you have a c-section, I’m sure you’d rather die than put on pants. Check out this super comfy nursing gown!
Baby Be Mine 3 In 1 Labor/delivery/Nursing Hospital Gown Maternity
3. Entertainment. Whatever it is you do in your spare time, bring it because there is a possibility that you will be laying in a bed awaiting the grand entrance of your little bundle of joy for hours on end. Then again, maybe not but it’s always better to be prepared. I had playing cards and thankfully so. I was in labor for 22 hours, 17 of which I was confined to the bed. Sudoku puzzles and word searches are also great so make sure to grab some here!
Ultimate Mind Games: With Over 400 Puzzles (Puzzle Books)
4. Toilet Paper. Okay, I know what you’re thinking but just hear me out. After giving birth you don’t want anything near the area but that doesn’t change the fact that you will still have to use the bathroom. Hospital toilet paper is like the most thin, roughest toilet paper ever and that’s definitely not what I want right after I push out a whole tiny human. I’m super picky with toilet paper so this is my brand of choice.
Charmin Ultra Soft Mega Roll Toilet Paper, 24 Count
5. Fan. I am a needy sleeper. It has to be cool, dark and I have to have noise. (And I complain about my child being a needy sleeper, she gets it honest🙄) Now, at home I sleep with a big box fan and a ceiling fan. Obviously these things are not sensible, however they do make smaller fans that would be the perfect size for a hospital room and you best believe this go around, I will take one! This fan is our favorite considering how lightweight it is!
Mainstays 20″ Box Fan, Black
These are the things I will definitely be packing on my second go around but I am always interested in know what other mamas can’t live without during child birth.
What are some things you pack in your hospital bag? Make sure to comment because I may be forgetting something important. After all, I’m currently suffering from pregnancy brain… BAD!
Can’t wait to hear from you mamas💕